Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Explorer Richard Francis Burton, and his translations of The Pentameron and The Perfumed Garden

This is a sandbox post, specific to my own exploration. There is some happiness in women and men uniting as equals, with the respect deserving of both their bodily pleasures. This balance between the two is a challenge for the man, and in my experience it is to be confronted. I have been a selfish lover. It always confounded me to hear my friend Tyr talk of the withholding of release as a preference, because it addresses the time needed to balance the satisfaction between men and women. The Pentameron includes the story of the Cat Cinderella, where, following the instruction of her tutor, a princess murders the first step mother to replace her with a worse one.

No comments: