Tuesday, June 21, 2022

The Coccyx Tail, The Undone Spiral and the Bunny Puff

The Drawing is a page from the collected artwork of Maira Vergara. The song originated because of The Bushwick Book Club's revisit with the work of Dame Darcy, a comic book writer and performer with her own brand of wares. My access to the material was limited to the samples distributed to the participants, in my case it is specific to page four of her Meatcake Bible Tour Diary episode. Her work is fantastic, and she sang beautiful sea chanties at the Book Club event. I need to be hit over the head to read more, although I did see Dame Darcy and crew at a bar nearby following the event and she gave me stickers of her ad designs that Zora loves. The event took place at the Ukrainian National Home indoor back room beer garden, behind the restaurant, to the right of their Sly Fox Bar, and to the left of the stoop of the home of Susan Hwang and Julian Kytasty. Theoretically... the song speaks for itself...I'm happy to answer any questions.

No comments: